7.30.2012

Texas Food

I know that life shouldn't revolve around food. But... I like food. And I miss the food I could get in Texas. So when we went to Texas we ate out at all the restaurants we loved. And I shopped at my favorite grocery stores. And brought some food back home.
UntitledUntitled
Pho Hoang is our favorite Vietnamese place.  Best pho ever.  Tarka has some awesome dal makhani. And coconut curry chicken. And samosas. And everything.
Round rock #Rudys is the best tasting one.#rudys
We went to Rudy's a couple times.  Love their BBQ.  The Round Rock location is by far the best tasting.  (I've tried 8 or 9 other locations. Still the best.) Love their extra-moist brisket and new potatoes in butter.
UntitledUntitled
And the atmosphere is unique.
Untitled#rudys #bbq for lunch.Untitled
Also love the butcher paper instead of plates.  Easy to clean up.
#chuys
A trip to Texas isn't complete without Chuy's.  Creamy Jalepeno is heavenly.  And, so exciting, Chuy's just went public!!!  We bought some shares! 
Untitled
This is the chinese supermarket.  It is one of the smelliest markets ever.  (There is a couple very largest fish tanks in the back.  You can pick out the fish you want and they'll catch it for you and pack it up. Very fresh.)  But it's also where to get some really authentic Thai curry paste. And oyster sauce.
Untitled#mango #yellow #red
And HEB.  My most favorite grocery store ever.  The produce is great. And cheap. And plentiful.  And they have their only organic line that I love.  So I stocked up on a few favorites.
I love that Texas is so proud of its heritage. Even the cheese comes #Texas shaped.Untitled
Texas is extremely patriotic.  Lots of things come in Texas shapes or will the flag or a lone star on it.  I love it.  I also made a stop at Central Market for some gelato.  And at Great Harvest Bread Co. for some pumpkin bread.  The Great Harvest here in Lawrence needs to get their recipe for pumpkin bread.  So yummy!
Swedish meatball dinner at ikea.
Lastly, we ate our fill of swedish meatballs at Ikea in Frisco, TX

No comments: