8.16.2012

First Day

Today was the first day of school for Toby and Aspen.  Isaac and Hazel started school yesterday.  So today was the first day I've been by myself in the last 3 months.  I must admit, I missed my kids.  I missed sleeping in.  I missed not having to be in and out of the car chauffeuring kids 8 times a day.  But the opportunity to talk to my sister on the phone for 2 hours without feeling guilty that I was ignoring my children? Priceless.
First day of school for Toby.
Toby is a junior this year. He is taking drafting and industrial technology, as well as chemistry, physics, math, english and history.
First day of school for Aspen. I think she picked out her outfit two weeks ago!
Aspen is a sophmore this year.  She has a full schedule of physics, chemistry, AP european history, latin, math, pre-med, and is on the tennis team (2 hour practices a day).
Isaac's first day of eighth grade. He said, "Mon, the sixth graders are sooo small! And I'm taller than most of my class!".
Isaac is in 8th grade this year.  He is in band, and is taking a computer class and a technology class as well as the normal 8th grade stuff.
Hazel's first day as a second grader!
And Hazel is a big 2nd grader.  She thinks her teacher is really nice.  (Which I am glad to hear because yesterday she thought he looked mean.  But he's really nice instead!)

1 comment:

grannybabs said...

I never really had the "all the kids are gone to school" experience because once they were all gone, I started subbing. But I got a day alone now and then. And there are plenty of "days alone" in life - it's good you enjoy and notice them now.