8.01.2012

More Texas: Other stuff

What can I say? Everything is bigger in Texas (even blog posts). Here's what we did the rest of the time we spent in Texas.
UntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitled
It was hot! We went to the pool.
Untitled
We took down and set up a couple playscapes.
Untitledfireworks
Watched the fireworks from the baseball game at the Walmart parking lot.
Untitled
Played games.
UntitledUntitled
Made a late night run to McDonald's for ice cream cones.
UntitledIce cream
In our pajamas.
My nieces have more than 300 #littlestpetshop animals. They decided to battle, thanks to help from a certain 13 year old I know.Hazel loves babies. She was practicing some babysitting skills today.
Played toys (this was the Littlest Pet Shop Epic Battle.) Hazel practiced some babysitting skills. Funny thing is that the mom of this baby was a 13 year old young woman when we first moved to Taylor.  Now she's married and has a baby.  Makes me feel a bit old.
Hazel is loving being with her cousins
Played more games.  Hazel loved having her cousins around to play with 24/7.
Hours of kitty fun:) #cat #kittenI love kittens. Jake and amy got two new ones. Hours of fun for the kids. I don't know if the kitties agree. #kitten #cat
And the kitties.  No matter how hot it was outside, the kids were outside playing with the kitties. Almost makes me willing to agree to Hazel's pleas to allow her to get one. Almost.
UntitledStaying cool.
More swimming.  Because it was hot!
Untitled
But I think that Kansas was hotter while we were gone (and now too.)
Day 3: I drove through a puddle if wet paint (dropped by someone a couple cars in front of me at the beach last week). My brother was helping me get the millions of paint spots off the side of my truck. #bestpartofyourday #photoadayjuly #fatmumslim  #best
Jacob helped me power wash the side of my truck.  While I was at the beach, a gallon of paint fell off a truck that was only a couple cars in front of us.  I drove through a puddle of paint and ended up with white splatter all on the side. Ugh.  Such a pain.
When I checked on everyone before I went to bed this is what I found.
The kids were tired every day.
UntitledUntitled
We spent a lot of time driving too. Made more than a couple stops at this truck stop.  (60 gas pumps! and there were lines of cars waiting to use them too.  But who can blame wanting to fill up where they sell gas 50 cents cheaper than everywhere else ($2.99/gall!)
We had a lot of fun in Texas with our friends and family.

No comments: