8.02.2012

Summer Camps

We stayed home most of the summer this year. I wanted to make a massive trip to the west coast.  But the kids wanted to go to youth conference, scout camp, high adventure, girls camp, and EFY (it is in Lawrence this year, pretty convenient). I was outvoted. (Next year I think my vote will count for more.) Anyway, since everything was scheduled for different weeks of the summer, we didn't have the time I would have liked to do it all.  So this year, we scheduled around the camps.  EFY is this week.

I don't have pictures of Youth Conference, or High Adventure.  But the kids said that they had a lot of fun.
Aspen went to Girls Camp.
And they had a precamp campout to do all the certification:  Really silly girls.
And Isaac enjoyed Scout camp at Camp Naish.  It was only 20 minutes down the road. 
Sending Isaac off for a week at scout camp. My house will be so quiet with him gone.Isaac said he will miss me while he's at camp this week. That made me happy. I'll miss him too.
He said he would miss me though:)  So we went for family night.
Isaac at scout camp.We visited Isaac at scout camp tonight.  I've missed him. The house has been very quiet without him. One more day until he comes homeDriving. (I love my truck!)Scout camp.Camp Naish.
Nate had something else to go to. And Aspen was at the girls camp precamp.  So it was just Hazel, Toby and me to have dinner and go to the camp fire.
IMG_4394
Isaac looked like he had fun.  He earned 3 merit badges: Environmental Science, Archery, and Climbing.  He also got the Snorkeling patch and worked on the Robotics merit badge.
IMG_4437
I think Isaac wore his swim trunks the entire week.
IMG_4481
At least until the last day, and then he wore his winter hoodie?  Don't get that boy.  It was 105 degrees outside.
IMG_4408
He also confessed that he didn't brush his teeth the whole week.  Must be a teenage boy thing (Axel used to use the Tic-Tac method to get out of brushing his teeth.)
IMG_4489
But a week of scout camp made him glad to be home.
IMG_4475
And no ticks came home with him!  Success.

Next summer though, I am leaving Kansas and its heatwaves and going to the mountains. And the coast.

1 comment:

grannybabs said...

I for one hope you come to the West Coast - next year is the Clayton Reunion - it could be your goal!!