4.03.2013

It's been a while...

#Spring is beginning to burst! #trees #blueskiesforbunny
Spring is almost here. Easter Sunday was beautiful. But it has still been freezing at night. I am really looking forward to warmer weather. I'm tired of being cooped up inside or having to wear lots of layers to go outside. I need sunshine and blue skies.
Silly kids☺ I love them
But my kids have been the bright spot in my life. They really are good children. They are smart and good and fun to be with. And it's good to remind myself of that.
Happy Easter Everyone!
Today while I was vacuuming Toby's room, I was thinking about moving and packing up our stuff.  And I realized that in about a year, Toby will be packing his things up and going on a mission.  It almost made me cry. He has matured a lot in the past few months.  And I know he will continue to prepare to serve the Lord on a mission.  But I don't know if I will be prepared to let him go.  I love my kids.  I love being around them.  I love having them home with me.  I love summers and school breaks because I get to be with them more.  How will I deal with one being gone for two years?  AAArrrggghhh! And now I'm crying just thinking about it.  I guess I should just live in the present and not worry about next year.  I just don't feel like I have enough time to do all the things I had planned.   

2 comments:

grannybabs said...

I stood and wept the day Harry drove off with Bonny for UCSB! But then the "little kids" all woke up and so much for being melancholy!! But the day Noah promoted from middle school, I really felt sad because up until then, at least one of my kids had been with me at the school where I still teach - I thought, "It's just me here now!!" I've adjusted though - and now I'm looking forward to retirement!!

Marcismullings said...

Aww Betsy...my heart hurts for you.I know your pain.I know you'll be okay though because he will be where you want him to be and will be doing what you want him to do so once you get over the initial loss of him in your home you'll be able to enjoy his adventures right along with him! But be ready with lots of tissues that day! I bawled my head off for two hours straight when we dropped j off at school.it's hard realizing that part of your time with them is gone.